Last update : April 2019
This confidentiality and data protection policy (the “Policy”) sets out the policy of CANDICE FAUCHON SAS, 91, rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, 75008 Paris, France (« CANDICE FAUCHON ») in terms of data protection and cookies on the www.candicefauchon.com website (the “Site”). This Policy applies to all the information that you (the “User”) provide us directly, or that is gathered indirectly while you browse our Site. CANDICE FAUCHON respects your concerns about the confidentiality of the information that you disclose to us. We have therefore drawn up this policy in a bid to foster transparency, in order to inform you about the policies and practices that we apply to the personal data that you provide to us or that you share with us through the various points of contact via which you interact with us. This Policy informs you about the terms under which we use, analyse, and disclose the personal data that you disclose to us, where applicable with your consent when the latter is required by law, for the purposes mentioned below. We therefore urge you to read this Policy carefully.
While browsing the Site, you may be asked to disclose personal data to CANDICE FAUCHON, for instance when creating a client account, placing orders or registering for our newsletter.
Any personal data that you disclose to CANDICE FAUCHON to use specific services is covered by the provisions of the data protection regulations (France’s data protection law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as subsequently modified, and the European General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”) as well as any additional, related national law.
CANDICE FAUCHON may also gather information concerning your browsing of our Site, with your consent, under terms that are described in greater detail in the Cookies section below.
II ) Personal data we may collect
The term “personal data” covers any information that may be used to identify you, either directly (such as your name), or indirectly (such as by way of a unique client number).
The personal data that we gather about you may include information regarding:
- Contact information (such as your name, birthday, nationality, email address, postal address, telephone number and any other personal data) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you subscribe to our newsletter and register and create an account on the Site;
- Details of any transactions made by you;
- Personal data that may be contained in communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Website or its content;
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, conduct on the Website for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- Credit/debit card information; and
- Personal information collected from third parties, such as data that you agree to share with us on publicly accessible social networks (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and/or that we may collect from other publicly accessible databases.
III) Minimum age
Protecting the safety and privacy of children is very important to us. We will not knowingly collect or use personal data from anyone under the age of sixteen (16) years, or any other age limit sets out by the law of his/her country of residence. By registering on the Site, you confirm that you have reached the age of majority in your country of residence.
IV) Use of your personal data
CANDICE FAUCHON processes your personal data on the Site only to the extent that is strictly necessary for the following purposes:
A) On the legal basis of the performance of a contract, as per article 6 b) of the GDPR:
- For customer relationship management;
- To fulfil and track your orders for CANDICE FAUCHON products placed on our Site;
- To enable you to access to some of the functionality of our Site.
B) To pursue the legitimate interest of CANDICE FAUCHON to know its clients better and to improve its goods and services, on the legal basis of the legitimate interest of the data controller, as per article 6 f) of the GDPR:
- To compile anonymous statistics on the use of our Site;
- For customer relationship management (orders, deliveries, purchasing history, warranties, claims, requests, etc.);
- To improve the customer experience;
- To manage prospective clients;
- For profiling purposes;
- To manage the opinions of clients about our products, services or content;
- To manage payment defaults and disputes;
- To combat fraud.
C) On the legal basis of the consent of the data subject, as per article 6 a) of the GDPR:
- To manage your registration for our newsletter (registrations and unsubscribing);
- Subject to your prior consent, to provide you with information about our company and its activity, its products and/or services and other marketing material;
- To conduct surveys, with your consent;
- We also gather your geo-location data, subject to securing your prior consent, in order to locate your closest store when you connect to our Site.
You may withdraw your consent at any point in time by clicking on the appropriate link featuring in the e-mails that we send you, or by modifying your account directly on the Site. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data based on your consent prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
The information that we gather for these purposes and that is vital for us to be able to meet your requirements (primarily your family name, first names, postal addresses, e-mail address and bank account details, where applicable, and your telephone number for delivery purposes) is marked with an asterisk on the forms used to gather data, to indicate that it is mandatory, and is processed in order to enable CANDICE FAUCHON to perform the contract between CANDICE FAUCHON and yourself, or because you consented to this for some of the above mentioned purposes, or in order to improve the way in which we provide services to you. Should you not provide the requisite information in these mandatory fields, we shall not be able to respond to your requests.
V) Safety of your personal data
We place great importance on the security of all personal data associated with our users. We have adopted security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. For the best possible protection of your personal data outside the limits of our control, your device should be protected (such as by updated antivirus systems) and your internet service provider should take appropriate measures for the security of network data transmission (such as, for example, firewalls and anti-spam filtering).
While we take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that the personal data you disclose to us will be 100% secure, nor that any data breach will not occur.
You accept the inherent security implications of dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold CANDICE FAUCHON or their processors responsible for any data breach unless it is due to our negligence.
VI) Retention of Your Personal Data
Our general approach is to retain your personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We generally retain your personal data for three years from the end of our relationship or from the last contact from you, unless local law requires otherwise. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements.
In specific circumstances we may also retain your personal data for longer periods of time corresponding to the applicable statute of limitations so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
VII) Your rights
We are highly aware of the importance of protecting your personal data and of your rights over same. Please find below a summary of your rights over the personal data that we hold about you under the data protection regulations:
- The right to request the disclosure of what personal data we hold about you;
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to rectify and limit the processing of your personal data;
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data;
- The right to oppose the use of your personal data for commercial purposes;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data on the basis of your consent, at any point in time;
- The right to oppose the processing of your personal data on account of your personal circumstances;
- The right to file a claim with a regulating body;
- The right to request the portability of your data;
- The right to manage any cookies;
- The right to issue instructions to us on the fate of your personal data after your death.
How to contact us to exercise your rights:
Should you have any questions about the way in which we process and use your personal data, or should you wish to exercise any of the above mentioned rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or by land mail :
CANDICE FAUCHON SAS
Protection des données personnelles
91, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré
75008 Paris France
Please note that we may ask you for evidence of your identity as well as the full details of your request prior to dealing with it.
A cookie is a text file that may be stored by your browser software in a dedicated space of the hard drive of your Terminal* in the course of your use of an online service. A cookie file enables its issuer to identify the terminal in which it is stored, throughout the period of validity or of registration of the cookie.
* the term Terminal means the hardware (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) that you use to access or display a web site, a mobile application, any advertising content, etc.
B) Cookies used on the Site
When you connect to our Site, depending on your choices, we may install various cookies in your Terminal that enable us to recognise the browser that you use on your Terminal throughout the period of validity of the cookie involved.
The cookies that we issue are designed:
- To help us draw up statistics and determine the extent of the traffic and use of the various elements comprising our Site (sections and content viewed, browsing patterns), to enable us to improve the interest and usability of our services, as well as the visibility of the content that we publish;
- To enable or facilitate your browsing of the Site, or to provide you with the online communication services that you request during your browsing, and thus:
- To adapt the presentation of our Site to your Terminal’s display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our Site, depending on the viewing or reading hardware and software incorporated into your Terminal;
- To store information concerning any forms that you may have filled in on our Site (e.g. registration or access to your account) or concerning any products, services or information that you may have chosen on our Site (e.g. a service that you subscribed to, the content of a shopping basket, a wish list, etc.);
- To enable you to access the private and personal spaces of our Site, such as your account, thanks to identifiers or data that you may have entrusted to us beforehand;
- To implement security measures, for instance when you are asked to connect once again to a given content or service after a certain time lapse.
C) Cookies issued by third parties on our Site
Our Site may comprise various software applications provided by third parties that enable you to share content from our Site with other people or to let these other people know about something you saw on our Site or give them your opinion concerning any of the content of our Site. This is the case for instance of the “Share” and “Like” buttons provided by social networks (such as “Facebook”, “Twitter”, etc.).
A social network that provides such a software button may identify you thanks to this button, even if you do not click on this button while browsing our Site. This type of software button may enable the social network involved to track your browsing of our Site, merely by virtue of the fact that you have an open session with the social network in question on your Terminal at the time when you are browsing our Site.
We don’t have any control over the process used by the social networks to gather information about your browsing of our Site linked to the personal data that they hold about you. Please see the data protection policies of the social networks in order to become acquainted with the purposes for which they may gather data about your browsing using these software buttons, e.g. advertising. These data protection policies must for instance enable you to exercise your rights before these social networks, for instance by configuring your accounts with each of them.
For more information on the policies regarding the use of social network cookies, it is possible to consult the respective privacy and cookies policies:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Google+: http://google.com/intl/gb/policies/privacy/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/privacy
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/legal/cookies/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines
D) Disabling cookies
The majority of browsers are configured to accept, control or potentially disable cookies through the settings. We nevertheless remind you that disabling navigation or functional cookies may affect the functioning of the website and/or limit the service we offer. Below is the procedure to follow to manage cookies from the following browsers:
IX) Policy changes
We may occasionally change this Policy, for example, to comply with new requirements imposed by the applicable laws or technical requirements. We will post the updated Policy on the Site. We may also notify you in case of material changes and seek your consent to those changes, where required by applicable law. You are thus encouraged to periodically review this page.